Ensure your environment is clean and hazard-free
- Double-check equipment is intact and working before using
- Be aware of floor obstacles or spills
Use clean and proper PPEs that also fit appropriately
- Stray away from reusing all PPEs from the recommended amount
- Use the correct PPE for each different task
- Ensure you have proper footwear for the environment
Take note of your energy levels and utilize breaks:
- Do I really need to remind you about coffee?
- Optimize your breaks for recovery and try to time them for when you need them
- Try foods that give you an energy boost without the crash:
Ex. Fruit, eggs, oatmeal, or whole wheat bread!
Be thorough with procedures/protocols and stay away from shortcuts
- Ensure you and your team have completed proper training
- Don’t rush procedures… It’s not a race
- Stay away from encouraging shortcuts that could lead to potential safety risks
Ensure your communication between the team is optimal
- Warn your team about potential hazards… be empathic!
- Be clear and as thorough as you can with your team
- Ensure you are actively listening to instructions.
- Don’t jump to conclusions/start planning
- Stay away from imposing opinions
- Eye contact/watch for non-verbal cues